Mailing List (marc.info) |
List of Books
Below is the list of books that I have been reading from 2013 and still I have to read and learn a lot.
- "Secure Programming HOWTO" by David A. Wheeler
Finished reading (with categories)...
- "Guide to the Red Hat Exams - RHCSA RHCE Cert Guide and Lab-2011" by Red Hat official guide
- "Linux Fundamentals" by Paul Cobbaut
- "Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)" by Red Hat official guide
- "Red Hat System Administration II (RH134)" by Red Hat official guide
- "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 - Introduction to System Administration" by Red Hat official documentation
- "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 - Reference Guide" by Red Hat official documentation
- "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 - Step by Step Guide" by Red Hat official documentation
- "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 - System Administration Guide" by Red Hat official documentation
- "Httpd & Relayd Mastery" by Michael W Lucas
Networking & Linux Network Administration
- "Computer Networks" by Larry L. Peterson & Bruce S. Davie
- "High-Performance Browser Networking" by Ilya Grigorik
- "Mastering Linux Network Administration" by Jay LaCroix
Security Administration (including systems & networks)
- "HackNotes:Linux and Unix Secruity Portable Reference" by Nitesh Dhanjani
- "Practical Unix and Internet Security" by Simson Garfinkel, Gene Spafford, and Alan Schwartz
- "Hacking Exposed Linux, 3rd Edition" by ISECOM
- "Linux Security" by Shadab Siddiqui
- "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 - Security Guide" by Red Hat official documentation
- "iptables: The Linux Firewall Administration Program"
Vulnerability Testing & Exploitation Development (including metasploit)
- "Basic Security Testing with Kali Linux" by Daniel W. Dieterle
- "Kali Linux - Assuring Security by Penetration Testing" by Lee Allen, Tedi Heriyanto & Shakeel Ali
- "Kali Linux Cookbook" by Willie L. Pritchett David De Smet
- "Kali Linux Tools" by @Aleks_Cudars
- "Penetration testing - A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking" by Georgia Weidman
- "Penetration Testing with the Bash Shell" by Keith Makan
- "Mastering Metasploit" by Nipun Jaswal
- "Metasploit Unleashed" by Offensive security
Programming (including Shell Scripting, C, Python)
- "Bash Guide for Beginners" by Machtelt Garrels (tldp.org)
- "Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide" by Mendel Cooper (tldp.org)
- "Let Us C" by Yashavant Kanetkar
- "The C Programming Language Book" by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie
- "Beej's Guide to Network Programming Using Internet Sockets" by Brian [Beej Jorgensen] Hall
- "The Linux Programmer's Guide" by Sven Goldt, Sven van der Meer, Scott Burkett & Matt Welsh (tldp.org)
- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Python: Best Practices for Development Book" by Kenneth Reitz and Tanya Schlusser
Kernel Engineering (Linux, OpenBSD & FreeBSD)
- "The Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide" by Peter Jay Salzman, Michael Burian and Ori Pomerantz
- "Linux Kernel Development 3rd Edition" by Robert Love
- "OpenBSD presentations & papers" by OpenBSD Team
- "Designing BSD Rootkits - An Introduction To Kernel Hacking" by Joseph Kong
Short books, cheatsheets and magazines
- "6 Stages of Linux Boot Process (Startup Sequence)" by Ramesh Natarajan
- "Bash Redirections Cheat Sheet"
- "The Debian GNU/Linux FAQ"
- "Ubuntu Reference"
- "Web Application Attack and Audit Framework (w3af) user guide"
- "steghide - Manual pages"
- "Wireshark Starter" by Abhinav Singh
- "BATCH File Programming" by Michael E. Valdez
- "Checking Microsoft Windows ® System for Signs of Compromise" by Simon Baker, Patrick Green, Thomas Meyer & Garaidh Cochrane
- "Fast Track to The Windows Registry" by Team Digit
- "Windows Registry Forensics" by Harlan Carvey
- "Windows Assembly Language & Systems Prgramming" by Barry Kauler